Thursday, April 26, 2018

"being a doctor,being a patient: nothing special"


As I was brought to the Emergency room and been face to face with the  receptionist after my car accident. I was asked  multiple questions as required; I answered all of those and without any salutations of Dr. or MD with my name. I was asked to wait in the assigned area. I followed promptly as I wanted to be an exemplary patient, shy of being found as a doctor in house.

The wait time added on in minutes turning in to hours but nothing moved. In the mean time family and friend support was available as a God sent blessing.

Being a patient with suspected whiplash and concussion who had reported earlier to front desk with symptoms of headache, nausea, lighthededness, feeling of passing out and elevated BP did not moved anyone that day. People around  me were suffering from cough and pain , and other undisclosed ailments. The place was full of ailing humanity and interestingly a doctor was also in attendance on the receiving end of health care system. He was quite as affraid of being spotted, or judged for any preferential treatment he may receive. He got nothing but that day made him feel ignored and fearful.


That day, no one came to do BP check until four hours after, and no actual assessment was ever done  including to shine light on pupils whether equal and reactive, or even to see window to my soul.

Who do I blame?
No one or every one there on that day.

There was no triage, that was a problem. The system need  an overhaul, probably a full circle of same human touch as was in the prehistoric era of pen and paper, when actual RN or MD were seeing you as an intial triage. I observed that staff were busy in talking about call schedules, vacations times, end of shift issues but no one did an intial triage on me.

That day proved that we all are equal in suffering, we all suffer the same way unless we learn from it. I am glad that day I survived against the man made odds; clearly remembering that what does not kill you  make you strong to have a good fight on an another day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a great write up.

Anonymous said...

interesting post.

Richard William said...

Am Richard, I am here to testify about a great herbalist  man who cured my wife of breast cancer. His name is Dr Imoloa. My wife went through this pain for 3 years, i almost spent all i had, until i saw some testimonies online on how Dr. Imoloa cure them from their diseases, immediately i contacted him through. then he told me the necessary things to do before he will send  the herbal medicine. Wish he did through DHL courier service, And he instructed us on how to apply or drink the medicine for good two weeks. and to greatest surprise before the upper third week my wife was relief from all the pains, Believe me, that was how my wife was cured from breast cancer by this great man. He also have powerful herbal medicine to cure diseases like: Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis. You can reach him Email Via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatsapp +2347081986098