Sunday, April 7, 2019

"losing sight to gain vision"

The eye surgery did not go well for him. Being a diabetic was not easy for him, and then the complication associated with high blood sugar arrived for him.

To some, a disease wants to be acknowledged like some tragedies need to be respected; some quietly, others out loud. The proclamation of a diagnosis is not a medal, it is a name tag  assigned to identify that more is coming. There are requirements of life style changes to following diets, watching  calories, getting tested, finger pricks with a glucometer, and keeping up with supplies. There are doctors visits, friends' and family's opinions, people's judgments and comments.  Life is tough and so on.

He was a non-compliant patient as he described himself, who was living to eat. He was not overweight which made him not believe or be convinced by what his doctors were telling him all along.  Then he was diagnosed with Diabetes. He took the news as doom and gloom. He struggled with why me questions. Even then he did not do enough to support his compromised metabolism. He kept his habits, he kept his taste buds happy and it took him no time to get to where other diabetics would have taken years to get to: eye sight issues as a complication of diabetes among other things.

As we were  talking about his diabetic care the other day, he told me about his love for food and what a sacrifice it is to him to not eat what is not good for him. He told me that he is now a very diet conscious person.

To some, there are sacrifices of a preventable nature before the loss of ones eye sight occurs.  It is as if they had the vision to avoid foreseeable future tragedy. Others sadly gain vision only after losing their sight, and contrary to most understandings of conventional wisdom, we may say that hindsight vision is not always twenty-twenty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with this amazingly close-to-life narrative of this blog post. Blogger stated such a harsh reality of gaining insight when one is about to loose the entire picture or has already lost it. Well done!

Furore said...

I fully agree with the observation of the writer. As patient, we learn a lot when little can be done. Thumbs up for such a well written post.

Alarico Adalbert said...

It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like,HIV,Epilepsy Infertility, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Prostate Cancer,Blood Cancer,Lung Cancer,Brain Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy,Hpv,Weak Erection,Wart Remover. Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..