Saturday, November 8, 2008

140 millions runners wanted

The other day,I was talking to my friend about Pakistan as I seldom does, due to the hopeless state of affairs in my country.............sorry I know that hurts!

I asked her that whenever I talk to any person or watch a tv/radio programme,always (or to be fair almost always) good people are talking good talk that make sense but the question is this:

why nothing good happens in my country?

All politicians,merchants,soldiers,civilians,intellectuals,journalist,lawyers,civil society, ngo's, bloggers,policemen,officers,clerks,clergymen,teachers,physicians,engineers,actors,singers,
players,writers,bankers,barbers,tailors,laborers,IT technicians,black smith,lock smith,gold smith,men,women and children:

ALL crave for good and only good in their talk but where is this so talked about good?

she replied"because we are hypocrits,none of us want to walk the good talk"

I am looking from a different time zone and I found this is so true. I guess our sufferings are going to stay here for the time being until we start walking the talk !

Lets pray that some day we may have 140 millions runners in the good talk marathon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is this smart chic :)

Anonymous said...

hm shes so right. what i believe is that talking about good is so easy and thats whats happening, we are talking alot but not doin as much as we are talking...

Anonymous said...

Your raised an important point.
Indeed walk is a lot harder than talk and we as a nation seem to be addicted to talk, the talk about talk, and the talk about walk, but no real walk in the end...
Still 60 years are quite small in the history of nations, we have come a long way IMHO...
It seems things are changing now though... and I hope the change is not another anti-climax...

Daanish said...

mubi,a hypocrit society like ours is surely going to be doomed.The universe does not work at random and there are no accidents,only cause and effects.

le mystique,hypocrisy is not an addiction,it's a sin.Our people in whatever status they are,not honest to themselves and cry wolf of their sufferings.Surely they deserve what they sow!

Anonymous said...

Most addictions are sins, for Islam teaches not to exceed the limits in whatever we do.

Daanish said...

you are so right mysticmuses !